Words used to describe this week’s Foxy Friday honoree…
Humorous. Talented. Effervescent. Cereal Magnate.
Marc Andre Fleury
Yes, Marc-Andre. You are zee best.
While you may not be the best goalie (statistically) in the NHL and your team is sinking faster than the Titanic, you are definitely zee best when it come to having fun!
And hockey should be fun, yes?
But I need to know a few things -
How do you always managed to act all relaxed and joking yet when it comes game-time, you are focused like Yoda when he lifted Luke’s X-Wing out of the Dagobah swamp?
How do you make crazy athletic and seemingly impossible saves in spite of the fact that you are anorexic? (6’2″, 180 lbs. Really? Please go eat a sandwich. I beg you.)
Here are some other reasons why we think you are so FOXY:
- Your nickname is Flower. And you’re totally okay with that.
- You look way too good in a backwards baseball hat.
- You are 27-14 this season, with 2.29 GAA, SV% of .920. Oh and you have 1 assist and 8 penalty minutes. (read: ain’t afraid to get dirty)
- You would most like to meet Will Ferrell. So would we. Can we watch “Anchorman” together? Please?
- You have some sweet dance moves.
- You have your own CEREAL!
- You aren’t definitely not afraid to make fun of yourself. You’re insanely adorakable. And we love that so much that our hearts might burst.
- You makes saves like this.
So, Marc-Andre, welcome to this elite group. Oh and just an FYI…being a Foxy Friday honoree has sort of turned out to be somewhat of a good luck charm for some players. So if you start getting shutouts every night, you know who to thank.
You’re most welcome.
Flower’s Greatest Hits. Warning – after watching this, you will fall in love with him. I did.