This whole grad school business is going to seriously cut into my hockey watching time.
Class this semester is on Thursdays, which means that I’m going to have to tape alot of games this year, only to watch them when I get home at 9:30pm.
Chuck no likey.
Yesterday, I taped the Bruins game (natch) and couldn’t race home fast enough to watch my beloved Killer Bs raise their championship banner.
Two words. Goose. Bumps.
I’m not an overly sentimental person (except at Pants’ wedding when she danced with her dad. Me = hot mess), but last night, I was all dewy-eyed and loved up over the Bruins’ banner ceremony.
The old generation (1972 Bruins) passing the proverbial torch to the new generation (2011 Bruins). 93 year old yet spritely Milt Schmidt arm-in-arm with Bobby Orr just made me all happy.
It was a well-done, exhilarating, and classy production.
Pants and I couldn’t have done it better ourselves.
Enough with the lovefest! Let’s play some HOCKEY!
And play we did.
Despite the loss, the fact is that there are 81 games left. Still a lot of season left to play.
Five other facts from last night’s Bruins/Flyers match up.
1) Timmy’s smile is infectious. Like ebola.
2) Pierre Maguire looks like a muppet.
3) Brad Marchand shall now be known as Squirrel. He’s right squirrely that one. Quick. Nimble. Darting in and out of the Flyers’ defense. Collecting hockey pucks like acorns.
4) Jaromir Jagr has been in the NHL since he was a fetus (okay, since he was 18), but dude can still play. Jagr + Giroux + van Reemsdyk could be a nasty combination this season. Flyers coach said that Jagr will come back to the rink AFTER having already practiced that day to work out again. Really? Way to make everyone else in the hockey world look straight up lazy.
5) Our boy Tyler Seguin looked very mature on the ice. Making breaks, smart plays, crisp passes to his BFF Marchand. But he’s only 20. Still plenty more of this yet to come.