I missed 24/7 last night because I fell asleep re-watching Fright Night with Colin Farrell. I mean he’s in the movie, he wasn’t with me. And the movie’s great. But I will have to catch up on the Rangers/Flyers this weekend, and from the sound of your Tweets there is plenty worth watching!
Another thing I’ve missed up until now is the NHL All-Star Game voting.
I restricted my choices to people currently playing. Obviously I believe Crosby should be in – he was more of an all-star in his few games this year than most people are in a whole season. But if he’s well, he’ll get in. (See the leaderboard here.) I deliberately sent my votes where they can count.
1) Nicklas Backstrom – If Ovi gets in and Nicky doesn’t, someone will receive a strongly worded letter written in cut-out magazine letters.
2) Jonathan Toews – scored his 300th career point last night, overall superstar and BAMF. You don’t see a lake named after anyone else.
3) James Neal – needs no explanation. HONK!
4) Duncan Keith – Did you see him rob Matt Cullen on a shorthanded breakaway last night? Norris Trophy, what?
5) Shea Weber – 100+ MPH shot, massive blocking body, all-star playoff beard, friends with Dierks Bentley. Scored from the cheap seats (and we mean in the net!). Haven’t seen it? Puck Daddy has it, they always do [link].
6) Marc-Andre Fleury – Forever holding it down in the back, never knowing who might be available to stand in front of him every night. And for the off chance he’ll spin like a ballerina or sass Carey Price.
You can vote up to 30 times at vote.nhl.com. I’ll let you guys win the trip to Ottawa, because I’ll be on my honeymoon until that Saturday. I’m missing the draft and skills competitions in real-time, so Chuck will have to man the Twitter and express all of my squee-tastic opinions.