We’ll be the first to admit that our coverage of the players in the Western Conference is limited.
Our Foxy Fridays tend to have a more…shall we say, biased skew. But you can’t really fault us when our favorite teams are in the East Coast, that tends to happen.
You can imagine our delight when one of our twitter followers (@elishajaffer all the way from Dar es Saalam, Tanzania!) suggested Jonathan Ericsson as a potential Foxy Friday. Perfect! A chance to expand our horizons and troll the Western Conference team for individuals worthy of such an honor.
We did a google search. And a new love was born.
“Hello!” I exclaimed. ”Where have you been all my life?”
He sort of has this Kris Letang thing going on and you know how we feel about that…especially Dawn.
We are very much enjoying the flavor of your Kool-Aid, Mr. Ericsson.
So what makes this Detroit Red Wing so foxy?
- He’s Swedish. You all know how we feel about Swedish hockey players. They breed them goooood over there. Two words – Henrik Lundqvist.
- He’s a 6’4″, 218 lbs defenseman for an Original Six hockey franchise.
- He started his career at center but after playing one game on defense for his junior team, a Red Wings scout convinced him to play defense. The team then drafted him that summer in the 2002 Entry Draft.
- Speaking of drafts, he was the LAST player selected in 2002. Dead. Freaking. Last. Nothing motivates a player more than being picked last. Just ask Phil Kessel.
- In 2011, he signed a fatty of a contract with the Wings – three-years, $9.75 million. He’s making in rain up in hurrrrr.
But you know what really makes him Foxy?
It’s pretty much perfect.Tags: Detriot Red Wings, Foxy Friday, Jonathan Ericsson, Sweden