I fear I’m approaching the fifth and final stage of grief: acceptance. It’s a self-defense mechanism, designed to keep a traumatic event from continuing to hurt forever. I would instead put to good use the money and free time this lockout has provided – learning Swedish, teaching kids how to ride bikes, adopting puppies. But before I get there, I really need one more pity party.
10. The ‘after dark’ cable movie music that Center Ice plays while you wait for your game’s live feed to start. [link]
9. Commentators only hockey could love.
8. The infinite blog fodder of 24/7.
7. Anytime someone’s helmet comes off during a game.
4. Loving and hating something at the same time.
3. When you still can’t believe that actually happened.
2. Even the times that make you want to throw up.
1.5. The kind of happiness that hits you like a bus.
1. This nasty hat.