I’m calling this Sunday’s showdown of Penguins vs Capitals NBC’s Fistfest-o-Rama 2011. Because with the punchfest the Penguins are on, I suspect it will continue well into Sunday. And I for one, can’t wait! I am even hoping that Mike Milbury will drop Piere Macguire during the first intermission so we won’t have to listen to him babble on incessantly! This video goes back to December 2006! I pulled it for Cassy because Brooksy kicks some BUTT! But it’s a massive brawl!
My only hope is that Ovi will at least wait until the third period to get ejected because the last time he went out in the first two minutes NBC’s rating dropped faster than Hugh Hefner’s erection without Cialis. I only wonder, does dry humping Kris Letang count as a penalty? Because let’s all be honest here, WE’D ALL BE GUILTY and that’s worth two in the box for the thrill alone (that bucket of ice is there for a REASON) and there’d be a line out the door!
Another question I have, will the Penguins take their limited edition Barbie Sid out of the box and finally play him against the team that put him on the injured reserve in the first place? oohhhhhh …. chills. Will Cookie do Sid’s dirty work? If I were Steckle, I’d paint eyes on the back of my head just in case. And the Caps better play DJ King to be safe.
Maybe I’m making more of this than need be. Maybe absolutely nothing will happen. But I’m hoping SOMETHING, ANYTHING does. Because this is one of my favoritest match ups of the year.
Okay, the Caps won the Winter Classic. Hissssssssssssss. I got over it by watching this. Unless you plan on ever getting in a car with Nicklas Backstrom (Warning: Don’t. Scary u-turns ahoy.), you can skip to 3:52 for the best interview ever.
The Capitals are all in LOVE with each other. It’s kinda cute. Brooks Laich has obviously been drinking, probably doing shots with himself for how freaking hot he is. Nik is giggling like a school girl and they’re razzing Mikey so bad that he put on a hot mess of a hat.
I could/will watch this a hundred times.
My girl Kimmy has coined the perfect phrase to describe Mike Green, Sid and half the rest of the Pens and Caps on HBO’s 24/7 Episode 2:
ADORKABLE. It’s absolute perfection.
- Sid talks about fighting Niskanen. “Do you want to take your helmet off?” Oh, and he’s laying on a bed. For heaven’s sake!
- Mike. Vespa. Helmet. Moccasins. LOVE. I don’t know why. (Dear Santa: Please bless whoever at Yahoo!’s Puck Daddy screencapped this.)
- Sidney Crosby’s 5 PM PB&J.
- When Ovi gets a wife, obviously he’ll live with her. Till then, it’s mom, dad & dog waiting up for him. [link]
- Craig Adams’ son naming the Pens players… makes me wanna babysit. (Excellent catch by commenter Mrs Crosby, I was so busy giggling over Mike’s Vespa I credited this to Matt Cooke.)
- Caps fist pump dance – Brooks Laich is so hot he can almost pull it off. I bet Greener refuses to do it. Too busy being cool in his moccasins. [link]
- JORDAN STAAL WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN ALL MY LIFE?
- Ovi cannot be bothered to get dressed. No just shirts, but pants. He was 99% naked multiple times – I’m surprised someone other than Dawn would put their hand so high on his hamstring.
- In a related story, Ovi totally flashes Mike. Intentional. Mike doesn’t laugh, so Dawn may be on to something after all.
Tonight it’s Penguins vs. Capitals in DC at 7 PM Eastern. You’ll hear me and Dawn screaming at each other from SF to Seattle. I cannot wait to see what HBO gets from this one.