I had no one to yell/text/tweet to last night while watching 24/7. The vase in my living room, however, is a huge hockey fan. You can watch the whole show online at Youtube 247NHL. Sadly for Dawn, Ovi kept his pants on the whole time. Huzzah for the rest of us. Highlights!
- Ben Lovejoy’s face. How many needle-in-the-skin closeups can we have? I almost barfed. And the poor guy had to get on the plane knowing it would swell? Crosby laughing at him was priceless: “Woah, Benny.” Lovejoy had the best deadpan reaction shot since My Big Fat Greek Wedding, “Can you tell I got hit?” Someone get Ben a Baby Ruth and a pirate ship. [Photo Credit]
- Malkin’s one liners. He makes Lovejoy feel better by telling him, “Girls love” the messed up face. Geno knows.
- Mike Rupp’s Christmas. That elf outfit was outdone only when Rupper looked at his daughter’s pink razor scooter and asked, “If I get one of those, it it like Mike Green’s thing he had?” Oooooh, burn.
- Brooks Laich close-ups. You’ll hear Cassy screaming from the UK when she sees this one… those are some blue, blue eyes.
- Pens vs. Caps, Round 1. Simply amazing to see so much behind-the-scenes from both sides of the game. The intermission pep talks were the best. And inside the replay office in Toronto – that was fantastic.
- Sidney hits puberty with the F-bomb. I picture this like the scene in A Christmas Story when Ralphie curses in front of his dad. Crosby got so mad his voice cracked and I almost choked on my drink. We are fired up! Mike knocks Sid down, and he yells, “Fuck you, Green.” But the real show is at 13:35 here:
- Bruce Boudreau’s food cravings in the mall. You all do it, don’t judge.
- Mike Green in a suit. There are two 2-second clips, but if this were VHS I would have worn them out.
- Jordan Staal’s hair. I want him back so badly that I’ll take it. But he’s gonna look like Lady Gaga soon. I can’t even bring myself to post a photo of it.
- I’m buying a silver car and naming it Disco Dan. It can shovel, dance AND carve a turkey.
I am so pumped for Saturday. There will be tears if the weather screws up the Winter Classic. Come on, Mother Nature. Please.